Monday, May 21, 2007

Treehouse Returns

It used to be a place for branches, but I changed that and put in a floor. On the floor I added a house. One night the house fell down. For a year and a half there has been a pitiful, half-broken floor in this place. Tonight it is just an empty space — an empty space that I will fill with a house.

I think I needed time to grieve. In the last week I’ve spent 2 evenings and a Saturday up in my trees. Before this week I couldn’t find the motivation to even talk about it.

You know how when you get a new phone and there is a protective sticker of plastic over the display? I feel like someone just peeled that away.

It is good to be back in the trees.

7 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

You mentioned about the need to grieve, I think this is a emotion we don't understand and consequently don't practice. Other cultures allow grieving and even expect it. After a loss in our culture we are expected to "cowboy-up" and get on with our lives. I am glad you are back in the trees, maybe this time I will get to actually see the house for real.

Tue May 22, 07:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lindsey said...

This news made my day. I'm so excited for v2.0!

Tue May 22, 10:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristi said...

This last week I watched (with just a little trepidation) my spry little six-year-old shimmy up a skinny little tree. Every few minutes when I'd look back up she'd be a little higher or a little farther out on a branch, until someone else finally (thankfully!) pointed out to her an important law of tree-climbing - don't keep going when the tree branches bend under your weight. There is much joy to be found up in the trees. I'm glad you are refamiarizing yourself with your old friends.

Wed May 23, 07:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristi said...

oops - that's "refamiliarizing" (which may not even be a real word anyway...). Where is that comment spell check??

Wed May 23, 07:09:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that healing is coming for you. Enjoy the trees.

Thu May 24, 12:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger KMiV said...

When we were at Nathan's track meet the other day Lori commented how we missed seeing the tree house. We tried to see if any renovation was going on (since I don't see you every week now) and couldn't remember if you were going to rebuild.

Anyway--we grieved a little too.

Thu May 24, 09:40:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember my shock and horror when I saw the pictures of the tree house in shambles; I'm thrilled to hear the project lives on!

Mon May 28, 10:45:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts