Friday, December 09, 2005

Treehouse Memorial -repost

(I had the security settings for the Flickr images set wrong so the slide show wasn't working. They should be working now.)
I just went and read some of my early posts from when I began building my treehouse. I remember thinking back then that I would mostly use this blog to post updates about the my progress. Little did I know all the events that would get covered here. Looking back it makes me smile to think of all the terrific times I spent in my backyard playing with my tools; sometimes on the ground and other times hanging from a branch. I’ve really enjoyed having grown-up sized resources to follow small-person sized dreams. For me it’s all about doing something that I am passionate about. In my career I haven’t chosen to follow a passion, so in other parts of my life I don’t want to waste any time. I’ve also been joined by a faithful group of supporters and builders. I caught the passion for this treehouse while helping build one for Greg. Since I have started mine, he has been by my side every step of the way. Without his faithful assistance I would probably still be hoisting the main beams. Others have helped too and to each of you I am thankful and look forward to using your help on the rebuild. Here’s some previously unpublished photos that make me smile. Enjoy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

Never give up... Live strong.

Just think of how many more opportunities you will have to build relationship, while re-building your tree house. Maybe, just maybe, I can get in the action.

Thanks for the memories... looking forward to having more with you and Christa.

peace.
johno~

Fri Dec 09, 06:57:00 PM PST  
Blogger Carol said...

I look at your pictures with a lot of sadness. They are wonderful photos. It was such a great project you were able to involve so many people as well as your dog. I am sure that Treehouse II will be even better. I feel like a part of the project ust by reading your posts, thanks for involving all of us.
Looking foreward to seeing you soon.

Sat Dec 10, 07:06:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, j. d just told me. i've been totally out of the blog world this week, so i missed it. i'm so sorry and sad.
s

Sat Dec 10, 08:12:00 PM PST  
Blogger Kristi said...

I have kept up with your treeshouse saga, but not yet commented on it. I am encouraged that you will start over. Somehow this all reminds me of how as humans we fail, or "make mistakes" but God always gives us a second chance. To try again and learn from our prior mistakes.

Sun Dec 11, 02:17:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jas, this is Jimmy,

I'm with Trinity White; my heart sank when I saw the pictures. I know how much this project means to you and in a strange way it means alot to us, your friends. I think some of us are living vicariously through your adventursome, risk taking, industrious spirit. You must rebuild! You've got another recruit in the building brigade now. I can't help often, but I would like to help some.

~JJY

Tue Dec 13, 01:39:00 AM PST  
Blogger Adam Wolfgang said...

I think my feelings are best described by a famous quote from the whimsicle british superstars - the Teletubbies - "Again, Again!"

Just to clearify, I mean the construction, not the desctruction.

Tue Dec 13, 10:23:00 PM PST  
Blogger Tim said...

Flash thing no workie.

Fri Dec 16, 06:41:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, I'm so sorry about your loss, it's so tragic!! You can "rebuild the temple"!! Merry Christmas to you and Christa!!
Susan

Sat Dec 24, 12:11:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts