Saturday, December 02, 2006

Faith Quest in December?

For about the last 10 years I’ve spent my Labor Day weekends singing at Faith Quest. Faith Quest is a 4 day youth event held at Camp Yamhill. To say that what happens at Faith Quest is amazing would be an understatement. Some of the most powerful moments of my life have elapsed there.

The corporate worship times at FQ are inspired, praise-filled sessions of joy and devotion that rival any worship experiences I’ve ever had. For starters, God shows up and hangs out with His kids. Next I get to sing on mic with some amazing musicians who recognize when God shows up. Then, there are about 500 worshipers jammed into a space made for about 450. It is an incredible combination and it never ceases to amaze me.

I’ve often wanted to duplicate it, but never felt called to organize such an event outside of Faith Quest. Recently the teens at Metro asked us to try. So, I’ve called my friends who sing up front at Faith Quest and they have agreed to meet at Metro tomorrow at 6pm. Now all we need is 500 worshipers to join us. How ‘bout you? What are you doing Sunday night? Bring your small group. Bring your family. Bring yourself.

I’ve already invited God, and He said He’d come.

Pot-Luck at 5.
Worship at 6.
All at Metro.

13 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

I want to come, but I haven't figured out how to overcome this time-space thing. :<)

Sat Dec 02, 07:57:00 PM PST  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What a terrific idea! I know for a fact that God does show up at Faith Quest in December AND January!!!

Wish we could join you in person--

Sun Dec 03, 02:07:00 AM PST  
Blogger KMiV said...

OK,
You've convinced us--we will be there. We love that style of worship. Hope we can do that at Agape once we launch.

Sun Dec 03, 07:15:00 AM PST  
Blogger Carol said...

Sounds great! I am with Johnny when he gets the time space thing figured out.

Sun Dec 03, 07:31:00 AM PST  
Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

Give me a call and I'll be there... Over the phone. Yeah for free weekend minutes.

peace.
johno~

Sun Dec 03, 04:27:00 PM PST  
Blogger rebecca marie said...

i'm so sorry that i missed this. so so sorry. do it again, please??? and advertise soooooner. not a critisism, i promise... merely a request. i'm so sad that i wasn't there. i always pray that i'll get the camp yamhill fire back, and we need more "youth ralleys" for grown ups. not specifically for the grown ups, but where the grown ups are welcome. i crashed yamhill twice this summer and both times were magical.

johno - i was there when you taught your campers "when the spirit of the lord is within your heart...." and it was a bit of heaven on earth. i've not heard that song in many years.

Sun Dec 03, 07:35:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lori Ann said...

it was awesome!

Mon Dec 04, 06:43:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

I agree with Lori, it was pretty awesome. We brought in a bunch of stage boxes to make a pseudo-amphitheater and then surrounded them with choir shells. That made for a pretty intimate, sound-filled experience. Had a few more people than we expected though, so overflow seating was a challenge.

It was cool to see 2 of my favorite things, (worship at Metro and worship at Faith Quest), get blended together.

Becky, I am so sorry that I didn't think to put something on my blog sooner. I would have loved having you there. Next time for sure, k?

Mon Dec 04, 11:57:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, man! One more reason I'm sick of being stuck in Idaho. I wish I could have been there. But I'm glad it could happen, even without me.

Tue Dec 05, 09:57:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were there Sunday, and I didn't hear or notice it being announced. Was it only mentioned in second-service?

Great idea. We miss going to FQ. Most of our kids are too young yet - but not forever...

Tue Dec 05, 09:24:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

Al, yeah it was announced at both. But, announcements come at the front end and I think you may have been a skosh late? Its also been in the bulletin for 4 weeks.

Would have been fun to have you there. We had kids of all ages: from Billy and Brenda's, all the way up through senior saints, singin' and dancin'. Your kids are not too young, (but you already knew that).

Wed Dec 06, 01:03:00 PM PST  
Blogger Mike Lewis said...

What a blast!

Thu Dec 07, 09:56:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so not pleased that I chose now to find your blog. I totally would've came.

Sat Dec 23, 07:35:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts