Thursday, November 30, 2006

Turn it up

Its that time of the year when I start calling the snow phone every day, I pay attention to the weather, and I listen to a mix tape my brother and his old roommate Adam made. They designed this mix to be played while driving to the mountain. To this day it still gets me cranked up to ride the pow. If you like, take a listen:

Snowboard Tunes*

And remember 90% of the time, speed is your friend.

*The song Get On Top by The Red Hot Chili Peppers is not available for streaming play from Rhapsody and has been omitted from this playlist.

**While I consider snowboarding to be a sport that should enjoyed by riders of all ages, some of the content on this mix may not be appropriate for younger listeners. If you are enjoying this with young ears, be warned that Click Click Boom contains mild profanity (although the lyricist is appropriately calling out those who spend their time complaining that they are victims instead of doing something about their situations--a lesson that is very appropriate for young ears). Also Fight for Your Right contains themes that I do not condone without an understanding of the sarcasm intended.

***This playlist is offered as a service of Rhapsody and is completely legal. You will, however, be required to download their app to listen. I can assure you that is it safe. They will offer you the opportunity to purchase a subscription, but these songs can be enjoyed as part of their free 25 songs per month plan. You might consider signing up for an unlimited free month which will get you through the holidays as I plan to share some Yule-tunes in the next few weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know about snowboard tunes as I still prefer to have two planks under my feet as to one (maybe one of these days I'll try it), but I do know about snow. I've already survived the worst blizzard since '97, driven a third of the way across the state in a snow storm, and snow all day yesterday with a low of -2 degrees early this morning!

Thu Nov 30, 08:20:00 AM PST  
Blogger Lori Ann said...

kool songs,

Sat Dec 02, 12:22:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts