Monday, November 14, 2005

Turns

OK, this picture was taken back in 03, but I rode this trail just yesterday. My friend Adam L. needed one last trip to the mountain before heading off on an extended African adventure and far be it from me to miss a chance to carve some turns. Our original plan was to climb up the snowfield above Timberline Lodge. When we arrived at the lodge, the conditions made visibility an issue that neither of us wanted to challenge. So, we opted for the Glade Trail that runs from Timberline to Govy. Aside from one set of cross-country tracks we had the snow to ourselves. At the end of the ride we hitched back up to Timberline and did it again. It gave up some sweet turns and I was reintroduced to that weightless, floating feeling that I have only felt while strapped to my board. I'm looking forward to many more powder turns this season, let's hope the snow is here to stay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

Nice shot... of course.

Had a great time at our fall retreat... A little snow, at least enough for ripping down the hill in a snow tube... I have video. It wasn't pretty. My neck still hurts.

Anyhow, just thought I would let you know my rss feeder worked this time. :-)

peace.
johno~

BTW... I read the whole thing.

Mon Nov 14, 12:24:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'trying not to be jealous. 'sitting here writing my doctrinal statement of the church. ugh. 'wish i spent the day on the mountain. it was _beautiful_ today. 'tried to convince the hubby to board tomorrow... not happenin'. 'glad you got out there early. i'm stoked to see news coverage of all the people getting out there. awesome.

Tue Nov 15, 05:26:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts