Monday, October 17, 2005

Brothers

I have very few childhood memories that do not include my brother Blake. Blake was born when I was 12 days short of 2 years old. I don’t remember him being born, but I can tell you of countless adventures that we shared. I often marvel at the wisdom of my parents placing us so close together. Without Blake around I wouldn’t have had a constant playmate to laugh with, make up games with and learn to deal with shared living spaces with. I’m not sure how people without close siblings get by and I am glad to see that Griffin will not face the challenges of childhood alone. His new brother Adam will bring him numerous laughs, games and shared living spaces challenges.

I can only guess that Blake feels the same way, although I am sure his perspective is a bit different. I am confident that he and Kim will give Griffin and Adam the boundaries and freedoms that they will need to grow up as great friends. Nice job Blake, give that new kid a squeeze from uncle J.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Congratulations Hill clan! I hadn't heard about Adam yet. Everyone doing okay?

Mon Oct 17, 02:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

Everyone is home and seems to be doing fine. However, I'm basing my statement on the fact that I've heard of no complications and I'm sure they'd have let me know if there were any. He's got brown hair weighed a little more than 8.5 pounds and was delivered within 120 minutes of Kim's arrival at the hospital.

Mon Oct 17, 05:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Johnny said...

We talked to Kim Monday evening and everything is going fine.

Tue Oct 18, 10:01:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts