Monday, October 17, 2005

Concert

My good friend Stephanie's brother-in-law played his first concert at the Aladdin on Friday night. They wanted some nice pictures, but didn't want to pay a lot of money, so they traded me 2 tickets for some images. Brent is definitely a master on his instrument and it was a treat to hear him play. His music is loosely categorized as world fusion and I would encourage you to check out his web site: www.brentgunter.com

I think I got some good images. It was fun to push the limits of my equipment with very little light.

On the lighter side, I was mistaken by a man as a professional photographer and a woman thought I was Lance Armstrong, yeah it was really dark. (But I was still flattered by both of them :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Congratulations to Stephanie's brother-in-law for his first gig and to you for accepting such a great opportunity to take some incredible photos.

My friend Kelly had her first gig with Sophe-lux at the Aladdin as part of the OPB Livewire radio program. Kelly said that it was pretty awe-inspiring being in the green room and using the same stage that so many incredibly talented and often world-famous musicians have used.

Steven

Mon Oct 17, 01:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Carol said...

I really like the blue glow you captured in the photo.
Mom

Mon Oct 17, 04:25:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts