Friday, June 29, 2007

In Cooked Food and In Raw

Last weekend we took our shopping dollars to a couple of farmer’s markets. The cherries are delicious. We also picked up some spinach, lettuce, peas, and carrots. Strawberry season is pretty much finished. The last pint Christa brought home from Whole Foods were moldy. I can see the winter months becoming pretty bleak for raw food choices. But now it’s perfect.

The best part about this month’s challenge was that I didn’t do it alone. It has been a joy to walk this path with my wife. Throughout the month we’ve been able to uniquely encourage each other. When she ate the last banana on day 8, I understood the importance of her text-message that simply said, “We need more bananas”. When I was on day 15 wondering if I could ever eat another banana, she was right there with me.

I’ve undertaken plenty of solo challenges, but this one seems more satisfying because I shared it with her.

9 Comments:

Blogger greenmama! said...

Awwww...

:), Marjorie

Fri Jun 29, 07:57:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Carol said...

Nice picture, cool title. I am glad you are there for each other

Fri Jun 29, 08:43:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat deal.

So are you continuing with the raw foods or giving it up for a bit?

Fri Jun 29, 11:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

And on June 30th I'm wondering, will July 1st bring an end to the raw foods diet?

Sat Jun 30, 07:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

almost BBQ time!

Sat Jun 30, 05:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sarah said...

Christa looks great!!!

I'm with cj, I want to know what y'all's future plans are with this. Kudos for making it 30 days, that's a huge accomplishment.

Sun Jul 01, 10:43:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori Ann said...

way to make it a month! You guys do a good job with your challenges

Sun Jul 01, 03:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger ewall said...

Jason, no worries my friend! No allergic reaction happened, it is only if I pet a dog and then touch near my eyes or nose. I kept my hands well washed that night, everything was good. Hope you guys are doing great!

Sat Aug 04, 07:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jen said...

The absence of a post makes me feel like you've abandoned me. What happened on July 1st? By the way, IF you have females recording on this enterPraise album I've heard about and IF I know any of the songs, I'm pretty sure I'm close enough to require notification! I envy the upcoming FQ worship. Not the schedule, per say, but the singing. I guess hearing my dad speak, too... I guess.

Sat Aug 18, 03:03:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts