Monday, June 04, 2007

Matthew 5

I am still pursuing monthly challenges.

In May, I set out to memorize the Sermon on the Mount. Near the end of the month I re-wrote the challenge to just memorizing chapter 5.

I am amazed at how much the process of memorizing these words has affected me. I've read them dozens of times, but something about memorizing them got them into my heart. I am awe-struck that the Creator sent us His son, in person, to give us this message. I should have committed it to memory long ago.

Warning: these teachings were radical when Jesus spoke them and are still radical today. View with caution.



(A big thanks to Ike for following me with his camera as I stumbled around Mt Tabor.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Wow, that is powerful!

Mon Jun 04, 05:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jebodiah Bristow-Hanna said...

Hey Jdog,

When You sent me the pics on your pup I noticed a project at hand "tree fort." do you have more info on how thats going and what it's about maybe in your archive stuff?

Mon Jun 04, 05:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Johnny said...

There really is something to putting God's words on our heart, or should I say in our heart. I am impressed by how you are able to handle not always being able to meet your challenge. You don't quit and give up but do what you can and it's okay.

Mon Jun 04, 09:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

Well Dad, I always tell myself at the beginning of each challenge that: I write the rules. So, if I want to write a rule that changes the challenge--so be it.

I do plan to continue on with the rest of the sermon, though. I just couldn't get it learned in May.

Mon Jun 04, 11:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristi said...

That's awesome, Jason! Your personal challenges continue to inspire me.

Tue Jun 05, 02:17:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts