Friday, June 08, 2007

Drink Your Calories

I made a new friend to day. His name is OJ. He was hanging out a Jamba Juice and for only $4.85 he gave me 450 calories. Which is crazy since on my first 3 days of this raw food diet I averaged 900 calories.

Here's what I ate today:
Item Grams Calories
Breakfast
Jamba Juice Orange Juice, freshly squeezed, Power Size 992 450
Bananas (3) 354315
Apples - Granny Smith (1) 241 121
Lunch
Bananas (2) 236 210
Peaches (1)157 61
Dinner
Spinach, Baby (about 3 cups)59 14
Lettuce, Looseleaf - Raw (about 2 cups) 112 17
Cucumber - With Peel, Raw (1 cup) 10416
Tomatoes, Red, Ripe - Raw (1.5)185 33
Carrots, Baby - Raw (10) 10035
Raw Whole Almonds (1/4 cup) 30 180
Snacks
Peaches (1)157 61
Total Calories Consumed   1,513


It breaks down like this:

  • Carbs: 81.3%

  • Protein: 7%

  • Fat: 11.6%

Right on target as far as the percentages go. Still a little short on calories. I wonder if OJ has any friends?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Wow, at first I thought you meant OJ Simpson. Isn't Jamba Juice the best! Yummy!

Mon Jun 11, 06:42:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude. I have an intestinal condition called Crohn's Disease and just reading that nearly triggered a flare-up. If I tried to eat what you ate that day, I'd be in the hospital! (Sadly, I'm not exaggerating.) It sounds yummy in theory, but it's definitly not for the faint of intestine!

What happens when the month is over and your stomach is all stretched out? When you go back to your normal diet, will you be hungry all the time because of all the extra space? If so, you should totally enter some kind of eating competition--preferably one with a large cash prize!

Wed Jun 13, 01:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sorry for hogging the comments on your blog! Christa just sent me the link tonight and I had no idea...

OJ is one of my best friends too!

Gina, people have healed themselves of Chrohn's on this diet. I don't Chrohn's so I wouldn't presume to know much but here is a good link I know of in case you're interested:

http://www.colitis-crohns.com/

(Jason if you want me to shut up and stop posting comments on your blog just let me know. hehe)

Thu Jun 14, 09:33:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts