Saturday, June 23, 2007

Something Smells Funny

Funny thing I’ve noticed about folks that eat cooked food—they have an odor. Kindof like bad breath but not as nasty. Just a little bit of a funk. And the longer I go without cooked food, the more I notice it. I wonder if my sense of smell is becoming re-sensitized; or if in the absence of smelling that way myself I notice it in others.

When it first started happening I thought it was me that stunk. But, I asked a few friends and they couldn’t pick up my scent. So I asked my wife and she confided that food cookers were starting to smell a little to her as well. She also said, to her, everyone now smells the way I do after eating Indian food.

We were both getting whiffs of it while sitting in the theater tonight, weird.

(Mmm, Indian food….)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I appreciat the smell thing. I'm not on the raw food diet, but went vegetarian in January. I'm not sure if it is people who eat cooked food who smell funny, or just people who eat meat. I know that people who eat meat smell funny. Good news is that after six months I don't notice the smell anymore!

Sat Jun 23, 11:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas said...

All i can smell is my espresso. Mmmmmmm!

Sat Jun 23, 09:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I must really stink after that double with cheese.......

Sun Jun 24, 08:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sarah said...

My sense of smell has gotten increasingly strong and sensitive over the last few months. I think possibly it's a little of both what you said (that you are becoming more sensitive AND since you don't smell that way anymore you're noticing it in others more).

It stinks (pardon the pun) sometimes when some people honestly smell bad to me. I don't MEAN to be a snot about it but there are some smells that I find it harder and harder to tolerate. But I wouldn't trade my more sensitive nose for my old one. :)

Have you found your taste buds changing too? That you are finding some flavors in fruit and veggies more intense or different than you remembered?

Sun Jun 24, 10:22:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ryan Woods said...

I've got two thoughts. First, maybe you're pregnant?? My wife experiences the same thing. This is probably a long shot though.
My second thought is that if I were ever to be around you I think I'd wear a lot of cologne and feel quite awkward around you(probably the same way I feel when I sneak a single bite of garlic mashed potatoes from work and then come home to a wife who smells all).

Wed Jun 27, 08:24:00 AM PDT  
Blogger greenmama! said...

I have always had a strong sense of smell, but it has gotten stronger now. When I first changed over and my husband was still eating cooked sometimes, including meat and cheese, he would REEK. I wouldn't even want to kiss him. (Shhh, don't tell him.)

I'm so glad he's decided to go raw with me now.

Marjorie

Wed Jun 27, 09:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lisa said...

very interesting. i think i'll double up on deordorant from now on.
what else do eat besides bananas? I find this diet interesting, but i don't see how you get all your nutrients.

Mon Jul 02, 04:07:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts