Monday, June 11, 2007

Attachments

This weekend was wretched for treehousing. (A verbization which I take credit for; although each time I say it, it reminds me of that kid with the video and the puppets in The Sixth Sense.) It rained all day Saturday. I only got out for a couple of hours on Sunday. On Sunday I did manage to get one hole drilled and a new and improved piece of threaded-rod into it.

Tonight, the weather was perfect. Greg heard that I was climbing the trees and came over. He can be seen here wrenching one of the rods into place. Also clearly visible is the other attachment point for that tree. I came across these cool hillside washers in my quest to find stronger threaded-rod and they are sweet.

While Greg worked on that socket I drilled two holes in the other tree. One of them was unreachable from any branches so I had to get out the old climbing harness. Man its good to be back in the trees. Tonight it felt like we were making some real progress. If we can get the beams hanging from the actual attachment points by ropes, I can take measurements for the cables. And if the cables get done this week I could be hanging joists this weekend!

Also, the other night Christa brought Molly Steele over while her mommy had an appendectomy. I took that opportunity to give Molly a few choices and wouldn't ya know it? She went right for the apple.

4 Comments:

Blogger MelindaBrummett said...

Hey Jason,- Michael and I think it is so great that you are in the tree again. Micheal is jealous and wants to help.(I think he just wants to hang in a tree.

Tue Jun 12, 12:49:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Johnny said...

Let's hear it for the new and improved treehouse!!!!

Yea, but what were Molly's other choices?

Tue Jun 12, 08:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

Ok Dad. I rolled the apple at her. But, she picked it up of her own choice.

Wed Jun 13, 11:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jebodiah Bristow-Hanna said...

looks like fun. Hang in there...pun intended.

Mon Jun 18, 11:17:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts