Friday, September 29, 2006

I'd Like to Play

Got tagged by a couple of friends for this little quiz.

A book that changed my life besides the Bible:

The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz. The part about choosing to listen to the positive broadcasts in you mind over the negative ones shaped who I am today.
Joshua, the Homecoming by Joseph F. Girzone. This book really changed how I thought about Jesus. (Ike handed it to me in 1992.)

A book I’ve read more than once:

Children in the Night by Harold Myra. I've probably read this book 4 times. Ike loaned me his copy in college.

A book I would take with me if I were stuck on a desert island:

Foxfire Book by Eliot Wigginton, (editor) and Students of Eliot Wigginton. This was my Dad's choice as well, what can I say? He learned me right. A book about Hog Dressing, Log Cabin Building, Mountain Crafts and Foods, Planting by the Signs, Snake Lore, Hunting Tales, Faith Healing, and Moonshining? Perfect.

A book that made me laugh:

Marley & Me by John Grogan. A gift from my wife.

A book that made me cry:

A Walk Across America by Peter Jenkins. When his dog died, I cried so hard I had to put the book down.

A book that I wish had been written:

Doing Things Early, How Not to be Last Minute J

A book that I wish had never been written:

I honestly cannot think of one.

A book I’ve been meaning to read:

The Jesus Creed by Scot McKnight
The Divine Conspiriacy by Dallas Willard

I’m currently reading:

Animals in Translation by Temple Grandin
Messy Spirituality by Michael Yaconelli
Coder To Developer by Mike Gunderloy

What are You Reading?


1 Comments:

Blogger KMiV said...

Good list Jason. I remember the Foxfire series. My dad had all of them and he introduced me to them.
Now you have given me a couple more to add to my reading list.

Sat Sep 30, 07:22:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts