Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Some Things about Camp Last Week That Rocked

  • 5th and 6th graders (see previous post)
  • Junior Birdman, Purple Soup, Moose on the Loose, etc
  • Carpetball
  • Foursquare
  • Going with my wife
  • Not worrying about any meal—they just magically appeared at the appropriate times
  • No cell phone
  • No need to drive a car
  • WiFi (you didn’t think I’d completely unplug, did you?)
  • Shawn’s leadership, Nancy’s patience
  • Running with Shawn
  • Talking with campers about Africa (I may never get to go again, but maybe I can inspire someone else)
  • Taking more than 500 Pictures
  • Being inspired by student-aged counselors
  • Making a necklace at Christa’s Craft Cabana
  • Wearing shorts, t-shirts and Tevas everyday (except one where I put on a pair of jeans)
  • Praise in the small lodge

10 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Hmmmm, what's in purple soup?

Thu Jul 20, 05:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger rebecca marie said...

up in the AAAIIIIRRRRR junior birdman. up in the AAAIIIIRRR upside down! up in the AAAAAIIIIIRRRR junior birdman. don't let your tail feathers touch the ground!

Thu Jul 20, 07:27:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

Purple potatoes and purple tomatoes.

Cha, cha, cha!

Or if you want to be silly, purple bananas and purple pajamas!

Boogie woogie, woogie!

Thu Jul 20, 09:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Johnny said...

Sounds like there was something else that was in the purple soup with long lasting effects. Also sounds like a week of casual fridays and fun.

Thu Jul 20, 09:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger rebecca marie said...

did you go yesterday? we did... we had a BLAST.

Fri Jul 21, 11:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

Nope. Couldn't work the schedule. I'm glad you got to go.

Fri Jul 21, 04:45:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only I could live as a camp counselor all my life... I think that'll be my heaven. =)

Sat Jul 22, 07:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger rebecca marie said...

i'm with you stephanie.

Sat Jul 22, 09:59:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jen said...

If that was my heaven I'm afraid I woudn't be in heaven with my husband... Who would think?

Sun Jul 23, 06:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jen said...

I keep forgeting to tell you that the enterpraise blog doesn't count as a blog if it's abandoned!

Sun Jul 23, 06:28:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts