Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 14 - No Cars

I think its because I've spent so much time trapped in my car that I really don't mind waiting for the MAX. I've had commutes that would regularly take upwards of 60 minutes. Hour after hour they taught me that all you can do is go with the flow.

I can remember my early days when I would zip through traffic, looking for seams in the endless line of autos. Trying, usually fruitlessly, to find some way to manufacture time. Over the years I guess I mellowed.  I even found peace in the time-locked miles of my day. By admitting that the drive was inevitable and that no other tasks could be accomplished, I learned to consider that time as moments of rest. It was out of my control and I could choose to appreciate the time with no pressures to complete any tasks or show any progress--guilt free.

I've carried that over to the bus stop, a pressure-free break in my day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts