Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 22 - No Cars

Transcript from an IM conversation we had yesterday:

9:28 AM Christa: this morning when I got to my bus stop at RQ, I was checking my transit tracker and i realized - I smell poop! I thought, "Great, I stepped in poop." I check my shoes - no poop. What the heck?! I still smell it...then I looked in to the corner of the bus shelter. Yep, poop. And I don't think it was left by a dog. I can still smell it. Ugh.
9:29 AM me: ewww.
Christa: Big time ewww.
me:
9:30 AM after you left on the blue, I walked to the east end of the platform and sat in one of the shelters. After a minute my nose got my attention: I smell pee. Looking around, did I sit in pee?
9:31 AM I was thinking my morning was more odoriferous than yours, but I guess I was wrong.
Christa: oh man. At least you didn't sit in pee.
me:
9:32 AM no kidding.
9:35 AM Christa: When you gotta go, you gotta go. I guess. This morning I figured someone clearly had a bathroom emergency. I suppose squatting in the bushes in the median wasn't a good option.
too exposed.
9:40 AM me:
and waiting till you get off the bus is *always* a good option.
Christa: most definately
me: even if it means you only make it to the bus stop shelter.
9:44 AM Christa: Tri-Met's "stay alert" safety message has a much broader meaning to me after this morning.
me: words of wisdom.
9:45 AM Christa: right up there with "never turn your back to the ocean"
me: and safety never takes a vacation

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam Wolfgang said...

best. post. ever.

Tue Mar 22, 09:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Reminds me of a day I was walking down the street in Pretoria (a major city in SA) turned to my left to see a guy taking a dump right on the sidewalk, not even off in some obscure corner.

Public urination (both men and women) is common, especially in the rural areas, but thankfully that is my one experience with public defecation.

Wed Mar 23, 12:30:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Carol said...

We were riding across Wyoming east of Shoshone,that long empty stretch. Some guy was watering the grass making no attempt to conceal himself. As we drove by he gave a big, broad wave with his free hand. They are everywhere.

Sun May 29, 08:24:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts