Sunday, March 19, 2006

Car Care Day

My church sponsors a bi-annual event to change the oil and perform safety checks on cars. The service is available to anyone and is mostly found useful by our older members and their friends. Today was the first time I was able to volunteer. After an assessment my mechanical skills I was promoted(?) to the car-wash and vacuum team-—which was fine with me.

I couldn’t help but feel pride for the leaders who organize this event and the real mechanics who volunteer their time at it. To me this is what the church should be about and I am glad to be a part.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Sounds like fun. Did you have a lot of cars?

Mon Mar 20, 06:42:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

I think we serviced between 12 and 15 cars.

Mon Mar 20, 08:10:00 AM PST  
Blogger KMiV said...

Jason,
Is that you in the picture?
It was a great day and I know that this is a great ministry for many people.
Ron

Tue Mar 21, 08:37:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

No, that's not me. Remember I didn't qualify to work under the hood! I'm part of the crack team of Metro auto detailers. That is a picture of Dave Carly.

Tue Mar 21, 08:59:00 AM PST  
Blogger Tim said...

That's a great ministry! What a wonderful way to serve people using our gifts.

Wed Mar 22, 12:20:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts