Sunday, July 17, 2005

Spent a couple of days out at Camp Yamhill this week. My wife had been out all week serving as the craft lady for Jr. Teen camp and my friend Greg was heading out to get set up for his Father/Child camp, so I tagged along to help him and see her. It was fun to see Christa enjoying her first week ever at camp. We now have a reference point to share our experiences. Perhaps next year I'll get to go with her for the entire week.
Greg's vision of a mine shaft was my main focus and I think it turned out pretty well. I'm excited to see how the kids reacted to the long dark tunnel leading to a large cavern filled with gold. I hope that by the time they used it, it was cooler in the day.
Took a few pics. One is a plant called Indian Pipe, that I had never seen before.
The rest are from the 5th and 6th grade flower bomb war. Boy did that bring back memories. I can clearly remember the excitement and anticipation that a handful of flour bombs brought me as a camper. Waiting in the bushes to ambush someone seemed like an eternity. Usually the rush was short lived with a fierce volley of flour and few combatants left standing. It was good to see the fun lives on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts