Thursday, July 14, 2005

Commencement

Today was my last day to work with these fine folks from PacifiCare. After 4 years, you can imagine the impact they have had on me. For much of my time at PCare they were the silver-lining in the often grey clouds. I will miss each of them and wish them well.

On the bright side, I am excited about beginning a new adventure. I currently have no employment plan and don't even know if I want to continue in app development. While not knowing where my next paycheck will come from is a bit unnerving, it also gives me something new to explore. I hope to take a little time off and sort some of this out. Which should give me some time to work on my treehouse, play with my dog and enjoy time with my wife. You know, the stuff in life that is important.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lori Ann said...

Jason, I want your life now! Have fun relaxing and building your treehouse!

Fri Jul 15, 02:01:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristi said...

Is that guy with the mustache named Peter? If it is, I used to work with him at Photogroup ('96-'99). Small world!

Jason, we will be praying about the choices that will be before you in the weeks ahead. We look forward to seeing where this new chapter in life will lead you!

Oh, and by the way, Connor started really fussing when he saw the picture of your tree house. "I want to go to that house now!

Sat Jul 16, 09:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jason Hill said...

Wha?!?

You know Peter? I've been sitting 2 cubes from him for the last 4 years.

No kidding its a small world. (But it still needs more treehouses. I'll be happy to have Conner over anytime and I'll help Al build him one too.)

Sat Jul 16, 11:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristi said...

Tell Peter hi for me if you check in with them sometime! I always enjoyed chatting with his wife, Tracy.

Hopefully we'll have a tree soon!!

Sun Jul 17, 06:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger rebecca marie said...

being a big fan of your wife, i like the part about enjoying her. sounds like a great summer ahead.

Mon Jul 18, 08:51:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jason!

While walking to the "across the street deli" with Peter this morning, he asked me if I had heard from you since you left last week. Your email to us this afternoon is perfectly timed. :-)

It's great to see another shining example that there is life after PacifiCare.

We all miss you at the office. Let's get together for lunch later this week or next, if you have time (ha ha).

btw.. Your camp photos from last week rock!

Mon Jul 18, 02:14:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Small world! Hi, Krista. Yes, I am the guy with the mustache! PhotoGroup seems like a different lifetime ago! Congrats on your developments!

Jason, enjoy your summer! (jealous!)

-Peter

Mon Jul 18, 02:25:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Older Posts Newer Posts